As part of a comprehensive dental exam at Dental Devotion of Arlington, VA, you can expect Dr.’s Movaghari and Urteaga and your hygienist to provide the following services:
- An examination of any diagnostic x-rays (as needed). This is essential for the early detection of tooth decay. X-rays also help Dr.’s Movaghari and Urteaga determine tooth and root positions, as well as identify tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- An oral cancer screening. Dr.’s Movaghari and Urteaga will check areas of your face, neck, lips, gums, tongue, throat, and surrounding tissues for any signs of oral cancer. Personal preventative measures include smoking avoidance, limiting alcohol use, and practicing good oral hygiene.
- A gum disease evaluation, where the gums and bone around your teeth are examined for any signs of periodontal disease.
- An examination for tooth decay, where special instruments are used to check tooth surfaces for signs of decay.
- And an examination of any existing fillings, crowns, and tooth restorations.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Your dental cleanings are performed by our hygienists, and will include the removal of calculus (plaque and tartar build-up) above and below the gum line. The hygienist will also perform a polishing to remove stains and plaque on the teeth.